Employment Labor Law
Chicago Employment Law Attorney
Resolving Labor Law Issues for Workers Throughout Chicago
The Moran Law Group provides representation for all employees, professionals, and executives in the workplace facing various issues. These can range from workplace injuries to discriminatory practices and more. We can help you understand your legal rights in the workplace and take action against violations of state and federal labor laws.
Facing a negative workplace issue? Find out how our Chicago employment law lawyer can help in a free initial consultation. Contact us online or at (312) 487-4344.
Our firm’s founding attorney is backed by over 50 years in the legal profession with comprehensive experience in employment law. We can thoroughly review your case to determine the facts, how the law applies, and how best to move forward in alignment with your goals. We understand the importance of your job or career to you, your family, and your future. Your best interests lie at the heart of our representation in employment law issues.
If you are facing problems with any of the above or any other workplace issue, get competent legal advice about where you stand and your options for resolution. Contact The Moran Law Group to get started.
At The Moran Law Group, we handle the following workplace issues:
- Workplace injuries. This includes workers’ compensation claims and appeals or third-party claims against those who may be liable for your temporary or permanent disability.
- Discrimination. Discriminatory actions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, or disability are a violation of your civil rights.
- Wrongful termination. You cannot be fired for an unlawful reason, such as based on discrimination, refusing to participate in unethical or illegal practices, whistleblowing, or exercising your medical leave rights.
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environment. This includes verbal, physical, and other forms of unwelcome sexually-related conduct from unwanted sexual advances to offensive comments, jokes, or visual material by co-workers, managers, and executives.
- Wage and hour claims. These include failure to pay minimum wage, earned overtime, providing employees with legally-mandated rest and meal breaks, misclassifying employees to avoid proper pay, and more.
- Equal pay. Under the Equal Pay Act, equal pay for equal work is protected for all employees, regardless of their gender.
- Retaliation. Employers cannot retaliate against employees who exercise their legal rights within the workplace.
- Whistleblower claims. We can help you file well-documented claims of unethical or unlawful activity on the part of your employer.
- Employment agreements/contracts. We can assist in drafting, reviewing, and litigating disputes related to these agreements.
- Severance agreements. We can negotiate and review these agreements as well as litigate disputes.
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations. Certain employees are entitled to take unpaid leave for medical reasons related to themselves or family members.
FOP Ordered to Respond
Settled for $250,000
$570 Thousand $570,000.00.
$230 Thousand $230,000
60-Year Murder Sentence Reversed